Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Benito Flores

HOLA!!!

This week was super good! It started out with St Patricks Day!! We definitely bought some xl lucky t-shirts and showed up to our zone activity with green mustaches that Hna Bullough's sister sent us. :) I'll send some pictures, it was really fun!

Then we also got to march in a parade this week as part of the mormon batallion!! All the sisters wore dresses and the elders got these cool mormon batallion shirt thingies, but somehow our zone didn't get the memo that the sisters were supposed to wear dresses.....so we dressed up like men!! It was really fun actually, I felt (and looked) like a little boy. Oh especially because we were one of the last groups there and the only sizes of shirts left were 3XL...it was awesome! The funny part is that me and my companions didn't actually end up marching in the parade. We got there, dressed up, took a bunch of pictures, practiced marching like men, realized that it was going to take way longer than we were thinking, and decided to leave. :) Haha, we got the pictures though, that was the most important part.

Ok, but the most important thing that happened this week was BENITO'S BAPTISM!!!!!!! I was sooo excited about that. If you are allowed to choose favorite investigators he would definitely be one of them. We taught him for about 4 or 5 months before we passed him off to the elders to teach. He was always laughing and smiling and I was so happy that he finally decided to get baptized.

Well I love you all and I hope that you are doing fantastic!! Transfers are coming up next week but I am pretty sure I will be staying here. I could infact stay here for the rest of my mission! :)

Con muchisimo amor,
La Hermana Johnson

Benito and the Elders that we passed him off to, and Jose Saavedra, his member friend that invited him to take the discussions. He is ALWAYS smiling and laughing like that.


The Sisters that taught him before his baptism. Classic Benito face.


Benito with Jose Saavedra, who baptized him.


Us 4 after his baptism.


Me and my companions after we sang at the women's conference with Sister Bonnie Parkins. We sang at the church right next to the temple so we got to take pictures afterwards!


Antonia's baptism with her two kids! So cute!!


St. Patty's Day!



Mormon Battalion Parade







No comments:

Post a Comment