Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Cambios, como siempre :)

HOLA A TODOS!!
The theme of this week could be summed up by a quote given to us by our Relief Society President....but I can't remember the quote exactly so here it is the jist of it. :)

God never gives us bad gifts or blessings. He is always waiting to bless us with the very best that he has. But sometimes we don't want to choose those blessings, we would rather continue doing what we are doing and receive the same blessings that we are already receiving than to change to become better and to receive the blessings that God wants for us. Forced change is the way that God blesses us with the things that we would not choose for ourselves, but that he wants to give us.

Forced change is AMAZING!!! And this week was full of it. :) On Tuesday night, New Years Eve, I received a phone call from Elder Risk. It went something like this. "Hermana Johnson, how are you doing today?" (me) "I'm doing pretty well, how about yourself?" "Great. Now hermana I have a question for you, do you have any experience conducting a choir?" Me, fumbling in my brain trying to figure out if I do or not. "Um...not really, I have lead some VERY small groups in doing choir things....but not really, um. no." But I would love to learn!" "Great, well then, you have been selected to be the co-conductor of the Irvine Mission Choir." Me, smiling, freaking out inside, not sure what to say, trying to figure out a response, and then he continued. "Conducting can be learned, but we feel like we need to have somebody who can take control of the choir, who can lead them and that they will respect, and we all felt very strongly that you would be the one for the job." Me, mind blown. "I would love be the co-conductor, what do I need to do?" AHHHHHHHH!!!!! yeah, the next day I got to lead 2 songs and figure out what to do with them and everything. It was crazy. I had thought about maybe trying to be the conductor one day because Elder Risk is going home soon (oh yeah, he is the conductor right now) but I was thinking that I would have to go tryout or something, I was not expecting that phone call. But I am really, really excited about it. It is going to be a very humbling calling, but as it says in Ether 12:27 if I come unto Christ, he will show me my weaknesses. BUT he gives me weaknesses that I may be humble. And his grace will be sufficient for me as long as I humble myself unto him and have faith in him, and THEN will he make my weaknesses become strong unto him. And I know that this is a true principle for you all as well. We are meant to have weaknesses, there is a reason that God called me to this assignment. He knows that I will grow and learn and be able to fulfill what he has for me. And I know that through him my weaknesses will become strong unto him. And I know that will happen for you as well.

Well, that isn't the only thing that changed this week. Tomorrow is transfers!!! I thought for sure I would be leaving and be moving on to other things, but it turns out that you never know what God has in store for you. I will be training again!!! But I will keep training Hna Bullough at the same time that I start training the new one! I am super excited for it. God has something great planned for this transfer for us, I can feel it.

As for investigators and everything, this week was a little bit slower of a week. But we had a great lesson with Benito and with Christian and his family, actually mostly his wife. Neither of them were able to come to church :( but we were able to set a baptismal date with Benito for the 25th of this month, so prayers that he will make it are gladly welcomed! :)

Thank you for all your support and your love, I love you all and I hope that you have an amazing week!
Les quiero!
Hermana Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment