Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

El poder de la oracion

This week has been amazing! First off, me and Hna Bullough got another companion and her name is Hna Roos. She is from Idaho falls and is awesome!!! She is super prepared to be a missionary. She is on the ball and has a really good memory, which is a perfect combination because I definitely dont....runs in the family :) But we have had some really cool experiences this week with just feeling the spirit. We have had the spirit almost 100% of the time just by being diligent in our studies and staying focused on the work, it really has been an awesome experience.
And good things happen when you have the spirit....Benito is going to be baptized on the 25th!!!!!!!!!!!! It is a solid date this time, he is really excited about it, he has started living the commandments and he told a couple people about his baptism. And he FINALLY came to church yesterday!!! WAHOO!!! We were extatic. But we had some really powerful lessons with him and he is really starting to change, it is super cool.

I had a really cool experience this week in learning the power of prayer. I have received a couple blessings in the past that have told me that it is really important for me to focus and learn about the power of prayer and I never really understood what that meant, I'm sure I still don't understand all of it. But this week I had a cool experience that grew my testimony. In choir we had practice and it didn't go over how I wanted it to, I didn't feel like we were ready to perform on Sunday (yesterday) like we needed to. So I prayed a lot about what I needed to do. As I prayed ideas popped in my head of things I needed to do, but none of them had to do with choir- they were things like read the scriptures, pray for this, and y the scriptures at the bottom of the himns, but not like tell the choir this or do this or any direction in that sense. But I did what the spirit told me. Yesterday morning I felt the spirit super strongly and I felt really strongly that the only thing that mattered about me conducting was if I had the spirit or not. If I did, the choir would, and then the audience would feel it. So I focused and prayed for the spirit, and it was amazing! I could feel by prayer being anwered as I was conducting. I knew what needed to be fiexed and I knew how to do it, and my conducting was a million times better. The lord answers prayers, he does, and he can do it immediately if you have faith in him and in his plan for you. I love this gosel, it is true. It can and it does change lives. It changes your life too, remember that. I love you all, and I miss you.
Kevin and Jessica, FELICITACIONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooooooo excited for you!!! I want to see a whole bunch of pictures!!
Con muchisimo amor,
Hermana Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment