Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Benidiciones galor

Mis queridos amigos y familia,

This has been a great week. Did I tell you all about Teresa?!?! Well, pretty much she is a miracle. So our roommates have been teaching her and her family forever now but they finally decided that because she spoke spanish and she didn't understand most of what they were saying, they should pass her off to us...wahoo!!! Well, she has so much desire to learn, she is the golden investigator. My companions and I all had this vision of their family going into the temple to be sealed together and I know that they can do it. It is going to take a lot of work because her husband doesn't believe in God right now. But the Lord is preparing him to accept this gospel. He had this super spiritual dream and it led him to wanting to meet with us!!! So we are teaching both him and his family...they want to do it separately right now, but that will change. :) I am really excited to see them progress. I know that the rate that they progress is completely dependant on our faith so prayers for them and for us would be awesome! Their families names: Teresa Herrera is the mom, Miguel Barrera is the dad, and the kids are Natalie and Sophia.

This week I just realized how much I am blessed. We sang as a choir at a youth fireside last night and it was super awesome. I love singing for youth because for some reason the spirit is just really strong when they are all together. But while we were there I realized that I am sooo blessed. I have been blessed with an amazing family, amazing parents, an amazing mission president, a crazy opportunity to lead a choir of 80 people at the age of 20, amazing companions, the opportunity to be at the front end of this last battle for the salvation of souls, and just with so many other things. Us, as members of the church are INCREDIBLY blessed!!! My challenge for you all is to write down all of these blessings, to remember them in hard times, and to help those around you to have them. Think of the blessings that we have that others do not, they need those blessings. I promise you they are searching for them. There are thousands of Teresa's searching for more happiness, searcing for the truth, and searching for these blessings. It is our job as members of the church to figure out who those people are. Pray for the gift of the spirit, for the gift of discernment, and pray to be able to put yourself in a position to be able to share these blessings with others. And then actively put yourself in positions where you will be able to share, don't sit around and wait for God to do it for you...cause he doesn't work like that. I love you all, I miss you all, and I hope that you take this counsel to remember your blessings this week and share them with those around you. LES QUIERO!!

Tu hermana, tu amiga,
Hermana Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment