Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

CORO!!!!

HOLA!!!!!
Man, this week was crazy. It was awesome!!! So for those who saw on Facebook, our choir had the coolest opportunity ever to sing with the Nashville Tribute Band this week, twice!! It was awesome. It was cool because we invited a lot of people and there was a pretty good turn out of people, both members and non-members. At first, I'll be honest, I was a little apprehensive because their music is so different than what we are used to singing as a choir. But it was awesome because as we were practicing with the band, the main guy, John Deere, stopped us and said something like this, "I hope you all understand what we are doing here. There are a whole group of people out there who can't or don't understand the gospel in sacrament meeting, there are a lot of people who don't go to sacrament meeting, there are a lot of people who can't get the importance of this message another way, so we need to go out there and get them!" (It was something like that) But it hit me, that even those this was a very different way to proselyte, it was still a way to do it. There were a ton of non-members there and the way they did the program included a whole bunch of teaching about the gospel, especially Joseph Smith and it was pretty powerful. Such a cool experience.

Then on Sunday, we had the chance to sing in another Sacrament meeting. It was the last choir performance that I will be a part of before I leave. :( It went super well. Haha it was crazy, cause I was praying for the spirit to be there so that people (I was thinking mostly about the missionaries) would be able to come unto Christ and use his Atonement more in the things they are struggling with. Let me tell you, God answers prayers. As I stood up to conduct "I Believe in Christ" I looked into all of the missionaries eyes as we started singing, and I just started sobbing. Haha, the spirit was there, it was great. Later during the meeting I looked up at the time and it was 12:30...sacrament meeting had gone way over and we still had one more song to sing. The problem though was that I was supposed to be in my ward giving a talk at that exact moment! I had a mini heart attack. No worries, we figured it out and I got to my ward just in time to give my talk. I don't know what my deal was that day, but at the end of my talk I started crying again! I think it hit me that I am going home in 3 weeks, haha. AH!
Miguel came to church!!!!!!! WAHOO!!! Keep praying for him to receive an answer!! We also received some awesome referrals this week, so we are excited about that too!

I love you all and I will see you soon!
Hermana Johnson

p.s. One of the many things that happen on a mission that you never thought would happen. As we were standing on the street talking to a member, dressed in our skirts like normal, someone yelled from across the street, "Hey! Are you guys a gang?!" haha it was hilarious. I was crying from laughter...which really isn't that surprising. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment