Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Un Dios de Amor

HOLA!!!
 
Como estan todos?! Wow, this week was awesome. Actually, it started out a little rough but had a fantastic ending. Something that I learned this week was that God knows what he is doing, and that as long as you trust in him, keep his commandments, and try your hardest to do everything that he has told you to do, then the things that may seem hard right now will pass by and you will realize the reason behind the trials that you have. So my trial wasn't really that hard, but it taught be an important lesson. Over these last couple weeks we pretty much lost every single one of our investigators and we almost dropped Tino as well (the one we have been teaching FOREVER). On Saturday we had nothing to do, that has never happened to me on my mission and I didn't really know how to handle it. I was getting really frustrated. But we had a window of heaven set...man I love those things. I was frustrated though because we got there late and then we couldn't find parking, and we ended up having to walk forever to get to the place we had previously picked out. But like I said, God knows what he is doing. So as we were walking, we stopped and talked to this lady. As soon as we said hi she was like, "Oh, I'm glad you guys stopped by, I was just saying the other day that I needed the Mormon's to stop by cause I have a question for them." So then we talked to her for a super long time. Oh boy is she hilarious. Her name is Ilene (we think, but she was kind of hard to understand). She was a hard-core heroine addict and has since then changed her life. She LOVES the bible and knows it pretty much by heart. She loved talking to us and after explaining what the Book of Mormon was and everything she said that she was going to read it and that we could come back to visit her! She was awesome, it was just what I needed to brighten up my day. If there had of been parking, then we never would have run into her, and she is the person that God needed us to see that day. So sometimes we just need to trust in God even when we don't understand.
 
So that was Saturday. Then that night there was a baptism in our ward from some of the other missionaries. While at the baptism we received 2 member referrals!! One of which we have an appointment set up for this week and he came to church yesterday and to the baptism!! Then on Sunday we had a choir performance in one of the English sacrament meetings (I can never remember what I have written, but just in case I haven't told you...we have an Irvine Mission Choir! It is super fun). After the sacrament meeting was over we were introduced to a hispanic family that had just shown up at church because the husband lost his job and they lost their house and they have been sleeping in their car for the last couple of days. The Relief Society president gave them some food, took them to church and to all the classes, told them a little bit about the gospel, and gave them some money to stay in a hotel for a couple of nights. So we are going to go over to their house tonight and give them some more food and see what we can do for them and see if we can help them find another house and see if they want to keep coming to church! So amazing!!! Then when we were at church we talked to one of the investigators of Elders in our ward and she said that she doesn't like it when they come over because her husband gets mad that there are 3 men coming over to visit his wife. Haha, so...we are going to teach her now! She is super cute, and her name in Antonia. (oh the dad's name in that family is Fernando) And she told her friend (Kimberly's mom Sara-the one who got baptized when I was here) that she wants to get baptized!!! So hopefully we will be able to help her do that.
 
I think that was everything that happened, I don't really know. But it was a crazy ending to the week. I know that God looks out for his children, he answers prayers, and that this church is the true Church of Jesus Christ. I love being a missionary. Transfers are next week and I am praying soooooo hard that I don't leave. I LOVE my area and the people here. They are so humble and so loving. I couldn't ask for more in my life right now. I love you all and I miss you! I hope you have an amazing week!
 
Love,
Hermana Johnson

p.s. These are the people we are teaching right now. Thank you for all your prayers for them!!
  • Tino (our eternigator :D)
  • Antonia (the one who told her friend she wants to get baptized)
  • Benito (a referral from a member. the one we are going to meet on Wednesday)
  • the family- Fernando and Citlali and I don't know the names of the kids)
  • David
  • Sully
  • Fransisco (Jehovah Witness-a member's husband)

No comments:

Post a Comment