Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Frustrating week

HOLA!!!!

Well I guess every missionary has to have at least one frustrating week in their missions...this would be that week, haha. Ok, it really wasn't that bad, I felt pretty happy most of the week, just a lot of craaaazy stuff happened. Where to start?

Well monday morning (last week) my companion woke up with a super sore neck, then as she was getting ready she sneezed suuper loud, which followed by an immediate, "OU, OU, OU, OU, OUCH!!!!" All of a sudden she couldn't move her neck at all, it was super bad. Really funny, (cause it was a sneeze) but not really that funny at the same time cause she couldn't move :) Fast forward. Wednesday it was pretty bad so the nurse told us to go to the chiropracter the next day. We get there, he was like what the heck did you do?! After a good while there he banned us from missionary work for the next 24 hours. I was like, "WHAT?! Are you joking me?" But he was afraid if she kept moving her neck that she would get a hermiated disk...so we listened :) we canceled everything and went home. To be honest I was annoyed at first, but then I actually really liked it. She didn't cause she had to lay on the floor without any pillows or anything...but I just got to read scriptures for a long time and do all the things you want to do as a missionary, but you just don't have time for. So then the next day we went to the chiropracter again. It was waaaay better and he allowed us to start working again. Wahoo!!

Fast forward. Friday night. It had been a frustrating day, we had some frustrating lessons and we had some frustrated non-lessons :) We get home to start planning and my head is itching super bad. I am used to this, I have dandruff. But as I was in the bathroom I decided to check my head because it was itching unusually. I looked at my hair to see hundreds of little black dots all over my head, and I was like, what the heck? Then I looked closer....yep, a little insect crawling on a strand of my hair. Just the thing to make my day, I had lice! I told Hermana Johnson that I was pretty sure that I had lice and she was like, "What?!" Haha, we called the nurse the next morning cause it was super late and I didn't really want to deal with it then :) But the nurse told us what we needed to do to get rid of it. So we went to the store, got all the stuff and then spent the next 3 hours getting the little critters out of my head! Hermana Johnson kept cracking jokes like, "This is true missionary service, giving a home to the homeless." Haha, it was pretty funny. But NO WORRIES we got the lice taken care of and we are all doing good now. :)

So needless to say, we spent most of this week inside of our house and not really doing missionary work, but this week coming up should be a lot better! Oh yeah, and we got kicked out of a complex for contacting people on the street. Haha, it was right after we had spent 3 hours getting the lice out of my head. It was actually kind of funny just cause it reminded me of selling security and getting the cops called on you or having people threaten to call the cops...but I don't think Hermana Johnson liked it that much. :)

Anyways, lots of crazy stuff. We are at a weird point in our teaching right now that we really need to find new investigators. So that is what we are dedicating this week to! So pray for us that we will be able to find those that are prepared to hear the gospel at this time. There are prepared and elect people all over the earth!
Con muchisimo amor,
Hermana Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment