Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

Pues...

HOLA!!!!
 
This has been a great week. I feel like so many things happened. First of all we did these things called 24s. We had half of the mission meet in the morning on Wednesday and we essentially had like a mini transfer meeting. It was a mission-wide exchange were we all were assigned a new companion for one day and then the next day we met again to exchange back and we had a testimony meeting about all the miracles that we saw on our exchange. At first I was a little apprehesive, but it ended up being awesome! An English sister came with me and Hna Whipple, it was super fun. We had a window of heaven and I was praying the whole time that we would teach somebody that had questions, that the sister we were with would see a miracle because I knew that she needed some uplifting in her life at the time. Man, I prayed that whole window and no one came...until the very end. This guy (his name is Elias) who we had seen running earlier came past us and we asked him if we could share a quick message with him. He said sure, and as we began teaching the spirit instantly came. Then for the first vision I turned to our English companion and she said the first vision. Wow, it was the most powerful experience I have had with the first vision. She was choked up and there was no doubt that he felt the spirit. Then we asked him if we could come by and share more, and he was super excited about it. It was amazing. The look of amazement and gratitude on the face of the sister that shared the first vision was priceless. Needless to say, it was a great exchange.

Oh yeah, and actually on that same exchange we contacted this other person named Luis. It was a normal contact but he said we could come by in a couple days. Last night we taught him for the first time. WOW!!!! He is sooo golden! As we shared the restoration he told us that he has always been confused why there so many religions when there is only one God and that he just keeps telling God sorry he doesn't come to church because he doesn't know which one is true. He stopped drinking a year ago, he is looking for a way to come closer to God and a way to have more friends who don't want to drink and stuff. As we shared the first vision he was like, "Si, lo creo. Muchas personas no lo creen, dicen que no podria ser verdadero, pero si lo creo." (Yeah, I believe it. A lot of people don't believe that, they say that it couldn't be true, but yes I believe it.) It was amazing, I was in shock the whole time. He is amazing!! He accepted baptism for July 20th!

And one more miracle that happened this week. NETI CAME TO CHURCH!!!! Wahoo!!! It was awesome. We had a really good lesson with her with one of our members and I think it helped her out a ton. Oh, and when she was at church everybody came up to her and welcomed her, which was super awesome. And she knew a couple of the people there too! Pray for her to keep progressing! This week has been full of miracles, there have even been more. But let me tell you, hard work pays off!

I love being a missionary, I love this gospel, I know it is true!! Transfers are next week and it is my last one... :( I have 7 more weeks to see plenty of miracles, I am so excited!!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Johnson 

No comments:

Post a Comment