Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

President Orgill

HOLA!!!!!!

Wow, it's already P-day, how glorious :) This week went super fast! Not a ton of new things happened this week though. But one thing that was super fun was our Noche con los Misioneros. I think I talked about the last one that we did. We do one every month, and because we didn't have a huge turn out last month, we decided to do the same thing again this month. But for some reason it got combined with our annual Halloween Party that the Primary puts on. That probably wasn't that good of an idea, haha. The party was super fun, and all the kids came dressed up and went trunk or treating, and we ate, and had a pinata and all that fun stuff, it was a blast. But right in the middle of that we did our noche con los misioneros thing....bad idea. All the kids were eating their candy, crying, laughing, and frankly just weren't that interested in Joseph Smith and the first vision at that time, haha, but it went alright and we now know that you shouldn't ever combine a primary activity with a missionary activity.
Hey but both Luz and Tino came to the activity! But funny story: Felix, Luz's son, while running around eating candy and doing a pinata and stuff, he threw up EVERYWHERE. Ok, it really wasn't that funny, except that afterwards he was even more hyper, it didn't stop him from playing, that's for sure.
Another super cool thing that we had this week was a mission conference. Because our mission is so small, we get the opportunity to do mission conferences ALL the time, sometimes too often, haha. When we found out about this one I was actually really mad because we were going to go help a member move, and had to reschedule it, but then I ended up really liking it, it was exactly what I needed. It was about how to deal with stress and this book that they want all the missionaries to read everyday to help us know how to better deal healthily with the stress that we have. (I would suggest it for anyone who feels stressed, it is written for missionaries, but the principles are the same for anyone) The thing that made this meeting amazing though, was President Orgill. He his seriously the most amazing man I have ever seen in my life, he compares with the prophet. For those who believe your mission president is the best, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but that just can't be possible. Every time he speaks, it is exactly what I need to hear. He brings the spirit so strongly, he is so humble, yet so amazing, he has so much love for everyone it is unfathomable, and I seriously feel like I am in Christ's presence when I am around him. He talked about his mission and how hard it was (he went to Tonga and served underneath Elder Groberg) and I just realized how easy of a mission I have. I am so blessed to be serving where I am and to have the mission president that I do.

I don't have much more time, but please pray for Luz, Tino, Sully, and Andrea! As I am getting more and more into my mission, I am developing more and more love for the people here. There are so many sad things in people's lives and it makes me so sad sometimes. Pray for them that they will be able to get over all the things that are holding them back from progressing in their path to baptism (or just in their life for Andrea cause she is already a member). Les quiero!!!

Con amor,
Hermana Johnson

p.s. Lindy I am soooooooooooooo excited for you to have your baby!! I want pictures! :) oh and by the way, I LOVE the name

No comments:

Post a Comment