Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Shrimp Soup

HOLA!!

This week has been awesome!! One of the better weeks here in the mission field. First and foremost I have some great news. I ate an entire bowl of a fish and shrimp soup!!! (yeah super weird, it was a fish soup. I have never heard of that before) There was like 8 pieces of shrimp in there and I ate it all!!! I thought everyone would be proud of me so i wrote it down in my planner so I would remember to tell everyone. :) Oh, and that doesn't necessarily mean that I liked all of it, but I ate it and that's what matters!
But on to more important things, today we were able to go to the temple for the first time. It was really awesome. We went to the Newport beach temple because that one is closer and it is suuper pretty. It is really small, but I like it a lot. It was really nice to be able to relax and just think for a while. You don't really ever get that opportunity in the mission. 

But we had another awesome miracle the other day! We received a golden refferel. A girl named Shannon Brady has been being taught by the English elders because she was going to a family ward with her boyfriend. But because her and her boyfriend want to start living the commandments, he moved out and she wants to start coming to the singles ward. So now we get to teach her! She is solid, she is for sure going to get baptized and she is really excited for it. The only problem is that she really wants Elder Armstrong to baptize her because he is the Elder that found her and taught her the longest, but he just went home and lives in New Zealand. But he is coming back at the end of August so that is when she wants to get baptized. So...we'll probably have to wait a while, but she is super awesome! I am really excited to teach her. 

Also we had another really good lesson with Giovani. We are definitely seeing progress with him. He pretty much told us that he wants to get baptized and that he really likes everything that we tell him and all this stuff, but that he doesn't know what to do about his wife. Because he really respects her and what she wants, cause he is a really good guy, but she is just super catholic. She is as catholic as we are mormon and she wants her kids to grow up that way and all this stuff. So it has been really hard for him lately because he doesn't want to lose his relationship, but he also wants to do the things we are telling him. He said at one point, "Seria muy bonita para ir a la iglesia con todo mi familia." (it would be super amazing to go to church with my whole family)  We have been talking about the family a lot and how we can have peace in the home and he wants that so badly! So we are really going to work with Candi a lot these next couple weeks. 

Anyways, this week was just really good. I love San Clemente, I love the people here, I love having the opportunity to work in the singles ward and in the spanish ward, and I have loved my mission so far! I know this gospel is true and I love sharing it with others. This next week is going to be awesome, we have a lot of cool training things this next week. 

Andre and Brian you are gruaduated!!!! O my gosh!!!!!! Brian you are going to be a missionary as of tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AH!!!! Suerte! Vas a ser bueno misionero! Recuerda que el campo blanco esta ya para la siegra!! :) Estoy muy emocionada por ti! 

Les Quiero mucho! Nos Vemos!
Hermana Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment