Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Hola!!


Hola!! Como Esta!?

I went on my first exchange this week! I was suuuuper nervous about it before it happened. I don't feel like I know my area because I am never paying attention when we are driving cause I'm on the phone, and I was going to have to lead everything and teach in spanish without my companion. The person I went on exchanges with is a native speaker though, so I don't even know why I was worried. But it went great! I was right, I didn't know my area and we probably flipped like 20 u-turns, but hey, we survived it and eventually arrived where we needed too. And I lead almost everything and I was fine! It was actually a really good confidence booster, that I can do it and that I can think of things to say when I need to.

Another cool thing that happened this week was that we had Zone Conference. It was really cool, I learned a lot and I realized a lot of things that I need to work on, which is good I guess :) There is this one Elder that is about to go home, Elder Armstrong, who is such a stud! He is the best missionary I have ever seen and he just really knows his stuff, has such a strong testimony, and you can tell is just completely lost in the work. He reminds me of you Clint. From what your mission president told me, I picture you being exactly like him. That is what I want to be like when I am about to go home.

In Zone Conference we learned a lot about people's desires and how we can better focus on and figure out what people's real desires are. After Zone Conference we had a lesson with Giovani, one of our investigators who we really think will get baptized but he is just not progressing for some reason. It was the first time we were able to meet with him in a while and so we decided to use what we learned and figure out his desires. It was awesome! He spent like an hour almost just talking about his concerns and that he knows that he needs to do these things, but that he is scared because of his wife and all these things. We have really been trying to get him to church and when we asked him to say the prayer at the end (which he never does, but he did this time :D) he asked that he would have the strength to start praying everyday, reading, and that he would have strength to come to church!! It was sooo awesome! We honestly didn't even teach him, which was the cool part, we probably both talked for less than 5 minutes combined and we were there for an hour. Just by asking the right sorts of questions he taught himself. Super cool. So if you could keep him in your prayers so that he can come to church this Sunday that would be awesome!

A lot of other things happened, but those are the most important. I love you guys and I am super excited to talk to you on Sunday! We are seeing a lot of miracles here in San Clemente and I know its because of everyone's prayers. So thank you!!

Les Quiero Mucho!
Hermana Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment