Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Lo Clavé!

Hola familia y amigos!

Cada día en la CCM, improvo mí español! Me encanta aprendiendo una idoma nueva! No me gusta que necesito pensar sobre todas las palabras que digo, pero un día podré hablar con fluencia!

That actually took me a while to write..so I am still not that good, but one day! I have found myself starting to talk more and more in spanish, but I am also finding myself saying the wrong things more and more. Haha, its all part of the process. I love watching my investigators faces as they try to figure out what I am saying, its hilarious!! Oh and we are getting pretty good at translated phrases we use in English into Spanish, that don't make any sense in Spanish. Like: Lo clavé! (I nailed it!) and we also abbreviate a bunch of words too, like: Soler means usually, but we say El Suel for The usu (usually cut in half...I don´t know how you would write that) And we also say Tots Nuncs Jáms for totally nunca jámas (totally never ever) haha, its pretty fun. You got to make the MTC fun somehow! And yes, we are 19 years old girls :)

This week was a pretty good week, not much new happened. The schedule in the CCM is the same everyday so it is hard to remember what happened and when it happened. Seriously, the time flies. I only have 2 more p days here after this one! But this week I learned a lot about the spirit. Hermano Avila taught us a CRAZY lesson! I wish everyone in the world could have heard it. But it was all about the doctrine of the Atonement and how it is connected to EVERYTHING in the church. He is a really good teacher and is super straight forward so sometimes I actually feel really overwhelmed after his lessons. But we learned that for you to have the fulness of the spirit in your life you must receive all of the ordinances and be living the covenants that you made with him. He drilled this into us because for you to be able to use the atonment in your life you MUST be baptized, because that is when you get the gift of the Holy Ghost. Crazy, so if I really do love my investigators and the people around them I will see that the reason they need to get baptized is so that they can have the blessings of the Atonement in their lives so it is possible for them to be perfected and live with God again. I can´t even explain how mind blowing and cool the lesson was. But he told us to study the talk given by D. Todd Christofferson titled the Power of Covenants, and it is really good too. So I challenge you to study it too!

Courtney King came into the MTC yesterday! I haven´t seen her yet but I saw her the night before at the devotional because her mom was the pianist that day so that was cool. Oh and ChaiDee left for Germany! I need to write her and tell her that I know another person going to Alpine, Germany. That is crazy that Beth is going there!! And Nicole is going on a mission, what?! I was so excited to see her!

On Tuesday the district above us is going to leave and then we will be the oldest district. Weird, I feel like I just got here, but I also feel like I´ve been here for 3 years. My district is so awesome though. We had a district testimony meeting that was sooo awesome Tuesday night after the devotional. The spirit was so strong and people shared some really cool stories. Our district leader, Elder Kroeger, has the strongest most powerful testimony I have ever heard. I love it when he bears his testimony. Its funny cause in Sunday meetings, our district dominates in the zone meetings. The zone leaders are in our district, our district leader, Hermana Naatjes is the coordinating sister, I am the music coordinater, and Hermana McKay just got released as the coordinating sister. So more than half our district goes to sunday meetings and there are only 3 other people besides our district that are in there. Its pretty funny. I don´t even know if that made sense for those who have not been to the MTC, but oh well :)

Well I love you all and I am doing great here in the CCM!
Les amo mucho,
Hermana Marci Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment