Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Call

This is the first entry of the missionary blog of Marci Lynn Johnson.

After the announcement in October General Conference 2012 that the church was changing the age requirements for Elder and Sister missionaries, I knew that I wanted to serve a mission soon. I wasn't sure whether or not I should finish the school year or come home after the end of the fall semester. After prayer and fasting, I knew that I was supposed to put in my papers now and list my availability for January. I started working on my papers soon after that decision and was able to finish them, except for the Bishop and Stake President interview, over the Thanskgiving Holiday weekend at home in Lindon. I was able to have my interviews the following week in New Mexico and the Stake President submitted the papers right after. My call arrived at my home in Lindon approximately 2 weeks later, on Wednesday this week, one day after my brother Clint returned home from his mission to Euguene Oregon.  But I wasn't able to open it until tonight when I arrived home from New Mexico after our finals week.

At about 8:00 pm, I was finally able to open my mission call, surrounded by my entire family, Johnson grandparents, several friends, one over Skype. Here is the essential part of the letter...

Sister Marci Johnson,
 
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the California Carlsbad Mission...
 
You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, February 27, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language.


I am SUPER EXCITED!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment